Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Thanksgiving is for the Byrd's

Ha ha.  This title has cracked me up.  See what I did there....the Byrd's.  As in the Byrd family.  I'm funny.


Since we would spend the actual Thanksgiving day and weekend in Arkansas with Rusty's dad's side of the family, we had Thanksgiving #1 with the Byrd family the weekend prior to Thanksgiving.


We had a fantastic traditional lunch, smoked Turkey with all the fixings (sweet potatoes, mashed potatoes, green been casserole, Leann's stuffing and rolls).  Pumpkin crunch cake, cheesecake and Mississippi mud brownies for dessert.


I am always so grateful for any peaceful Byrd family functional.  We are the family that typically puts the FUN in dysfunction :)   Yeah, ok, the fun in dysfunction is rarely actually fun!  We did have a sweet time this year and makes me look forward to Christmas!




1 comment:

  1. LOOK AT KENZIE!!!!! Oh man she has grown up! I'm soooo glad that you had a good/peaceful Thanksgiving with your family :-)

    ReplyDelete