Last year we spent spring break at Ink Lakes. You may remember it from this post here.
I hope you enjoyed that trip down memory lane 'cause I have no new pics for you from this years return trip! Yep, in the great computer crash of 2013 I lost my spring break pictures. All I have are my Instagram pictures. I am so grateful that I have become a bit addicted to Instagram. And grateful that I made it a mission to make camping look fun to my friend Chaeli. Without that mission, I wouldn't have posted nearly as many pictures as I did.
Update- turns out I have quite a few iPhone pics! Yay for Facebook and Instagram. And for some reason I am unsure of I uploaded our Spring pictures (that will be in the next blog post). By spring pics, I mean the pictures I actually dress them all up and pose them.
With or without pictures (the computer is attempting to be repaired, there is still a sliver of hope...) I wanted to document this amazing trip for our family. 6 days and 6 nights camping at our favorite camp ground. Many miles hiked, many hours spent in the frigid waters, many delicious meals at local restaurants, it was incredibly peaceful, refreshing, and relaxing. Not a single one of us was ready to come home.
Memorable moments from our trip. In no particular order.
- Crazy storm one night. Lightening, thunder, rain. Crazy crazy storm. Thankful for smart phones so I can track these beasts when they taunt me in my pop up.
- Rylee and Colton both repeatedly pricked by cacti.
- Within 12 hrs, every single 1 of our 5 bikes experienced flat tires.
- No matter how cold water is, kids will want to swim in it!
- Camping is the only time all 3 of my kids ask for bed at 7:30. We wore those babies out!
- Enchanted Rock State Natural Area will have a long wait to get in the park. Like hours long. And then they will fill up and you will not be able to visit that day. After waiting on the hwy for 1 1/2 hours.
- Fredricksburg shopping and dining make a great alternative to Enchanted Rock :)
- A bird built quite an impressive nest in Rusty's baseball bag in less than 12 hrs.
- The best vacations are the ones with no plans.